Severe headaches. Stopped medication for hypertension. BP high now. Do I have to go to ER?

I just checked my blood pressure at home it was 153/112. I do have high blood pressure and have several meds I take for it. The past couple of months the meds have been giving me very severe headaches . I stopped taking the meds appox 3 weeks ago and the headaches stopped for a week or so. They have since started back. However I still have not resumed the meds. I am out of work and do not have any insurance so I cant go to a doctor. Is my blood pressure high enough to warrant going to the ER?
Asked On : Thu, 24 May 2012