Severe headache, viral meningitis ruled out, pain worsened on doctor taking a bit of water from lower back. Alarming?

Hi. Sry to bother you but my mum, of 45 yrs old, was sent to hospital as she had a very severe headache . They did many tests on her, including a CT scan but they all resulted very good as they were thinking that she had viral meningitis but there is no fear of that. Then they took a little bit of water from her lower back and the pain in her head got worse. they gave her paracetamol but that didn t work either. after 2 days in hospital, when she woke up this morning, she is feeling a bit better. could all this be alarming and can you tell what may be wrong with her? Much appreciated, Sharon Vella Malta
Asked On : Wed, 12 Sep 2012