Severe headache, cough, fever and sore throat after travelling. Feeling drowsy on taking Cheston cold. Need alternate medication

Hi, I just returned to Canada from a business trip to France. I have sever headache , cough and light fever . Something hit me on the day I was back as I got soar throat and then other symptoms. I took Cheston Cold which made things worse. I was drowsy for almost 24 hours. What in this tablet can cause it and can you recommend some remedies? If I go to my family doctor very low chance of any prescription. Thank you, Suhas
Asked On : Mon, 15 Oct 2012