Severe headache, body pain and vomiting. Could it be due to physical activity?

My husband engaged in strenuous snow shoveling yesterday, then did grocery shopping which took a few hours and then came home and did some work on his computer. We also engaged in sexual activities last night. During the night he woke up with body aches, severe headache (he has a history of migraines but says this doesn t feel like that), diarrhea and vomiting . He only really threw up once, then the remainder of the time it was dry heaves or just water that came up. Could all the physical activity have caused this?
Asked On : Fri, 4 Jan 2013