Severe hair loss, suggested minoxidil. Can minoxidil alter hormonal profile?

Hi i am 28 years old and had sever hair loss almost close to balding. Dermatologist suggested using 10% minoxidil . Can minoxidil alter hormonal profile? i actually have PCOD .My periods have been irregular since beginning. i was suggested using regestrone to get periods and then krimson 35 for 21 days. I was also prescribed Chrominac A for 2 months. I have seen significant increase in the volume of my hair after using minoxidil for nearly 8 months. With the above PCOD treatment can i continue using minoxidil? i am scared to discontinue minoxidil as my baldness will return if i do so. Can you please suggest if i can still use minoxidil? If not, what are the other alternatives for me?
Asked On : Sat, 8 Dec 2012