Severe hair loss, hair thinning on crown, top of head, dandruff. Family history of baldness. Will minoxidil prove beneficial?

I am a 34 year guy and have thin hair, hair loss problem. Since 25 yr age. Now I have very thin hair at the crown and top of my head. My father also have thin hair but he is not bald. Moreover he had thick hair till 45-50yr of age. I have chronic dandruf problem which I take care by anti dandruff shampoo. Now I am thinking of using minoxidil solution. My question is - will it be beneficial for me and secondly which product is best?
Asked On : Mon, 2 Jul 2012