Severe hair loss and dandruff. Taking iron supplements for iron deficiency. Due to hormonal imbalance?

Hi, I am experiencing severe hair loss since one year. I am taking iron supplements due to iron deficiency but my hair loss has not reduced at all. It is more vigorous, just drops off every 1 hour. This is bothering me so much. I started taking Biotin as well. I am seeing some white deposits which I presumed to be dandruff but anti-dandruff shampoos are not working on my hair. Also, my periods are regular so my doctor suggested me that its not due to hormonal imbalance. I check my thyroid too and its not the cause as well. I just want a reason of this persistent hair fall. Please give me your suggestions. I reside in United States.
Asked On : Thu, 1 Nov 2012