Severe groin pain after a walk post hysterectomy, eases with resting. Is this normal?

Hi I had a hysterectomy 10 days ago. Kep one ovary . Gyno suggested I walk as much as felt comfortable doing. Im very fit and action person so I did. I built up my walks to about 30 mins each day however since my last walk I have had severe pain in my left groin . It eases off if I rest and don t walk. Is this normal? What is the normal expectation that a woman is able to walk at 10 days post op?
Asked On : Tue, 7 Aug 2012
Hello there,

I agree the sooner you get ambulatory after surgery the better. However, I feel you might be overdoing it with 30 minutes of continuous walking. I would suggest you continue with your walking but at a lighter pace and shorter duration. Basically, you should be able to do all your routine activities moving about. No lifting heavy weights & avoid strenuous exercise (leisure walking is ok, brisk walking at this stage not ok) for 6 weeks.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan