Severe gastritis, high BP, constant stomach pain. Family history of heart attack. Can I get heart attack on quitting metoprol?

can i have a hart attack from quitting metoprol 50mg tab once a day? I got horrible gas pain then i started to feel like i was burning up.But no fever. blood pressure was 140 over 92 with a pulses of 121 sitting. I took my last dose 6 days ago.still currently have wicked stomach pain. Laying down for more than five minuets bp is 119 over 74 pr is 84. do suspect tack a cardia?Over weight 36 year old non smoking white male with high blood pressure and chronic pain .family history of heart attack diabetes and hypertension .Currently on large amounts of opioid pain.very high tyrgliserites.
Asked On : Wed, 31 Oct 2012