Severe gastric problems, quit smoking. HbsAg negative, fatty liver, high SGOT, SGPT. Cause of worry?

i m 36 male used to smoke but now a non smoker(from last 2 months),recently i was having severe gastric doc advised me to have hbsAg , ultrasonography , endoscopy sgpt-104,sgot-64,bilirubin-1.1,with HBSag -ve and fatty liver was there anything to worry?
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013
Jan 2013
Let me know the reports of your endoscopy also.
With described symptoms, there is high chances of peptic ulcer disease.
Peptic ulcer disease may be in form of chronic gastritis, fundal gastritis, nodular gastritis, follicular gastritis and gastric & duodenal ulcer and adenocarcinoma of stomach.
Helicobacter pylori bacteria is responsible for peptic ulcer treatment and eradication is essential for complete relief.
You should take frequent small amount meals.
Your liver function test is also deranged and it appears to be due to fatty liver.
You should take proton pump inhibitors along with prokinetics for relief of your symptoms.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Avoid tomatoes, legumes, citrus fruits, onion, garlic, spicy and oily food.
Geriatrics Specialist Dr. Surendiran Gaj's  Response
hi there
am dr.surendran
nice to meet you here in HCMagic
i completely understand your problem
The normal range of values for AST (SGOT) is from 5 to 40 units per liter of serum
The normal range of values for ALT (SGPT) is from 7 to 56 units per liter of serum.
your sgot and sgpt levels are high
Dietary fat must be reduced because fat interferes with alcohol metabolism[ if you consume any]. The diet is usually supplemented with vitamins and dietary minerals (including calcium and iron)
Cessation of alcohol consumption and cigarette smoking,
increasing exercise are lifestyle recommendations
just routinely follow up your consultant for further procedings
hope helped your query
regards dr.surendiran hcmagic