Severe gastric problems, food allergies, headaches, flashes of light in front of eyes. On allopathic, ayurvedic medication, no relief. Causes?

I have been sufffering from gastric problem for the past couple years. Aged 39 yrs. This happens if i eat food which doenot agreewith my stomach like potatoes , pulses, any products made of refined wheat, gram flour, spinach . Despite avoiding these items more often i suffer from this . Ihave taken both ayurvedic and allopathic treatment but no relief. Sometimes it accumulates inside my stomach, head back of my neck . I get severe headache and at times flashes of light occur in front of my eyes. Is there any cure for this?
Asked On : Thu, 12 Jul 2012
Thank you for asking HCM
I have gone through your query.Your problem is most likely inflammatory bowel syndrome.A consultation with gastroenterologist will be needed to rule out that and what type it is.A colonoscopy might be needed.I usually treat such condition effectively with aminosalicylate drug like mesalazine. For some i advise corticosteroids and immuno suppressive therapy.Your head ache and flashes of light could be neurological symptoms due to vitamin B12 deficiency.I usually give vitamin B12 injection initially followed by supplements.With proper therapy you will get remission.Hope this may help you.
Let me know if you have any further query.