Severe exhaustion, vomiting, headache and dizziness. Flu symptoms?

Hi, My 16 year old has some strange symptoms has been to the Dr twice in 3 weeks they said its the flu and people are having the flu for up to 6 weeks. He is blacking out, has extreme exhaustion, throwing up from time to time,extreme headache , dizziness , sore neck, his body aches all over, having chills one minute and then burning up the next, and sore abdomen . Where do we begin is my question since they said its the flu? He has had mono 2 years ago but this seems worse to me.
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013