Severe dysphagia, on gastric feeding tube, have enormous amounts of saliva, frequently using suction machine. What is the cause of extra saliva and remedy?

My mother is 93 and had a small stroke 8 years ago. She has severe dysphagia and can t even swallow her own saliva . She has a gastric feeding tube . She has enormous amounts of saliva and we use a suction machine and Dentips sponges to get it out, but it just keeps coming and coming. For the past 6 hours that is all I have done, is remove the saliva from her mouth. But it won t stop coming. Why is there so much extra saliva, and what can be done about it?
Asked On : Wed, 18 Apr 2012