Severe dysmenorrhea, menorrhagia. Had endometritis and other symptoms. Advised uterus removal, no children. Any options?

I have had severe secondary dysmenorrhea and menorrhagia for 2 years. In late 2010 I had a case of endometritis with 6 weeks of bleeding and an ultrasound showing fluid in my endometrial canal. In early 2012, I began to have severe cramping every day, pain during sex and bleeding after sex, occasional constipation and diarrhea, severe lower abdominal bloating and hip/leg pain. After another normal ultrasound, and a normal diagnostic laparoscopy and D&C, my GYN suspects adenomyosis and informed me the only real option is to have my uterus removed. I m 23 years old and have never had children, so what options should I look into before going under the knife?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Jan 2013