Severe diarrhoea and stomach pain. Have colon cancer, liver cancer and prostate cancer. Any diet to stop diarrhoea?

My father is a survivor of colon cancer, liver cancer , prostate cancer and skin cancer. He now has terrible stomach pain, gas and diarhea after eating. The diarhea is quite severe. He also has quite a bit of gas after eating. He will not go to the doctor because he assumes it is not good, and he has already said, he will not go through any more cancer treatment. He is 83. Is there something he could do diet wise to mellow out his system? He tried clear liquids one day, and still had the diarhea.
Asked On : Fri, 7 Dec 2012