Severe diabetes, mental illness, heart beat heard in ears. Taking vicodin, fainted, fractured foot. Treatment for symptoms?

My mother is a diabetic. She is severely mentally I ll. She s addicted to vicodin and is taking so much she s passing out to the point where she broke her foot today from passing out. Her blood sugar levels are out of control. 300 on most occasions before insulin . Now she has no test strips. Were really poor. Now she says she can hear her heart beat in her ear. I was wondering about the heart beat. I m going to get test strips now. But why can she hear her heart beat in her ear? Is it a sign of over dose? Could it be her diabetes . Please help.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Jun 2012