Severe dandruff on nape, back of scalp, eyebrows, itchy. Taking Prednizone. Possibility of Lupus, alternate medication?

My doctor thinks I might have Lupus . I am 58 years old have had a bad dandruffy condition on the nape and back of my scalp for about 3 years, also my eyebrows, and sometimes my face. Very itchy comes off in smaller than salt sized bits. also used to have scabby bits. Shes put me on Prednizone. It has helped but I m still very itchy and bitchy from the medication . Can you suggest anything
Asked On : Wed, 1 Aug 2012