Severe cramps, spotting for a day followed by clots,ultrasound showed pregnancy, scan after few days showed slow growing fetus. Reason?

my last lmp was 1st august 2012 ..its dint came on 1st of sep i waited 6 days and took home pg test butwas negative..i waited for 3 more days it again 12th mid night it felt sever cramping next day periods came like spoting and day on 13th started little proper with blood clots..and stopped in evening. i waited that day and the next day..then went to doc she took ultrasound and said am 4 week pregnant..she called me after 15 day..i went on 1st of actober 2012.. she said fetus grow only one week more..i am worried why is that so..she called me again after 15 days ..but i want to know why is that it i bleed that month?that why growth is slow or what?
Asked On : Tue, 9 Oct 2012