Severe cramps, light periods, nausea, protected sex. Implantation bleeding?

Hi- I am worried about being pregnant. I don t have immediate access to a pregnancy test . My period came 4 days late and started off heavy with horrible cramps but soon after became light. I also became very nauseated. The period only lasted for 4 days but my periods usually last for 6 days and are consistently heavy. My boyfriend and I had intercourse last on tuesday night and used a condom correctly. Does this sound like implantation bleeding or just a period?
Asked On : Thu, 6 Sep 2012
You could not be pregnant because of two reasons-
first one is you had sex in safe period ,
Second one is you used barrier contraception during intercourse.
some variation in periods may occur & you may feel nauseating sensation due to prostaglandins released during periods.
But for confirmation you can do pregnancy test at home with pregnancy kit available at pharmacy.
General & Family Physician Dr. V. Jayaram's  Response
Hi Yasmin

Since you had your menstrual bleed it is not possible for you to be pregnant . Implantation bleed is seen only as spotting , which is very small amounts of bleed. it definitely is not a heavy bleed during implantation.

In case of any more queries feel free to consult with me