Severe cramps in hands, inner thighs. Urine test showed high levels of microalbumin with creatinine. Emergency?

My urine test came back at 367 for Microalbumin w/ creatinine and was verified by repeat analysis. My doctor referred me to a Nephrologist . Is this a serious condition that requires immediate attention? I have been having severe cramps in my hands and inner thighs and even when I am not cramping the pain is so bad that I cannot sleep at night. Is there anything I can do now to help this condition?
Asked On : Thu, 13 Dec 2012