Severe cramps after the smear test. Had colposcopy. Is the pain due to the tests?

Hi i had a routine smear test two days ago the nurse said she was having great difficulty seeing my cervix but what she could see wasn t as she expected it to normally look like she kept asking of i had had a coil which i never did. She called a doctor for second opinion and doctor said the same but said try not to worry too much thethey would have result back within 3weeks. I now have severe cramp since having the test and Im worried. About 10years ago i attended colposcopy for changes however i had not long had a baby and after 6 months they discharged me back to routine smears. I have never experienced pain after a smear test.
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013