Severe cough, tickling in throat, cold, chest pain. Taking mucinex-d. Relief measures?

I have been awake for 15 hours coughing every 20 seconds. I ve taken mucinex d , Claritin and am using saline nasal spray , cough drops , hot tea.. Nothing is taking the tickle out of my throat it feel like every time I breath in I m in hailing dust . I can t sleep and the clinic told me there is nothing to do. Can I take NyQuil pm ? Need to sleep !! Need to stop coughing my lungs and throat are getting extremely soar!! It s not allergies or asthma I ve had a cold for a few days and now it developed into this
Asked On : Wed, 17 Oct 2012