Severe cough in the night. Takes escitalopram for depression. On medication for hypertension. Need treatment?

My mother has been coughing quite badly for the past 10 nights. There is no phlegm . It sounds serious at that point of time but she is fine during the day. what should I do? She is approaching 90 years of age. She takes a daily dose of vitamins (B complex and D) with Calcium. Also she takes half a tablet of escitalopram (an anti- depressant ) drug before she goes to sleep. She also takes medication for a high blood pressure. Other than that, she does not have any other complications.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013