Severe cough followed by rib pain, severe cold. Chest X-ray normal. Suggestion?

hi, i have been sick for approx 2 months. First 5 weeks i had a really bad cough but felt fine. It was a very loose cough as well. For two weeks i was fine. Two weeks after my cough stopped i started experiencing pain in my right side near my ribs. I had the two weeks after that i got another really bad cold . Now i have a bad cough and the pain in my right side rib area keeps getting worse. I had chest x-rays done and everything is fine. Shoul di go back to the doctor??
Asked On : Sun, 16 Dec 2012