Severe cough during winter, doesn't subside with medication. How to cure?

Hi Sumit. I have had this problem with cough .. mostly occuring during winter. An ENT specialist prescribed me some medicines. the first one was azithral. on my next visit he prescribed zifi lb.. i guess. cant make out that from the prescription. also brozedex and betadine were prescribed. but the cough (dry) doesn t seem to subside enough. Also I have been asked to stay away from fruits, sweets and any cold stuff. Could you help me know how can i cure this cough?
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013