Severe cough, difficulty in breathing, white coating on tongue. No advancement with medicines. Help?

Hi, I ve been to my local doctor twice now and I m still coughing. I have a really bad cough and it s as if I can t breath and have to cough to be able to breathe properly. It s as if my airchannel is tight or something. I ve also had a white coating on my tongue even before I ve had this terrible cough (the latter of which I ve had for over a month now). Nothing the dr has prescribed me has worked, for both my cough and the white on my tongue. I m getting very annoyed and despondent and it s affecting my work and social life. Please help.
Asked On : Tue, 16 Oct 2012