Severe cough, clear mucus in sputum. Taking cough med plus. Is this hsytoplasmosis or blastmycosis?

I have had a sever cough for about a month and one half now. It started at night but now happens whenever. I cough up clear and bubbly mucus . My doctor has listened to my chest and told me to take over the counter cough med. He has also prescribed a cough med plus I have had to keep a cough drop in my mouth at night to try to get sleep. I am really tired and need to know whats going on. My dad is a veterinarian and is worried it could be hsytoplasmosis (my brother had this when he was young) or blastmycosis.
Asked On : Sat, 30 Jun 2012