Severe cough at night. High eosinophil count in blood. Permanent cure?

cHi Doctor, My friend had very bad cough which mainly came up more during night. He could not sleep at all at night and became very weak. He was in UK that time. Doctors over there couldn t diagnose the problem. When he came back to India, he underwent a no of tests which deduced that the count of EOSINOPHIL is high (460cells/cumm in his blood . This was some 2-3 years back. Now the same cough has returned. He is not able to sleep at night and is very troubled. I want to know how to treat it permanently. What precautions could be taken so that eosinophil count does not increase so high?
Asked On : Thu, 6 Sep 2012