Severe constipation, screaming due to pain, Miralax not working. Castor oil can be given?

My 4 year old is really constapated this is very normal for him he is on Miralax but it is just not working this time. He has been screaming for 3 days when he has to go because it hurts him so bad. He said his butt and his belly hurts. He did have a bowel movement about 5 hours ago which was not to good of one it was like paste. He is screaming again and saying he has to poop but can not go. Can I give him castor oil?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013