Severe constipation in 26 weeks of pregnancy with thin cervix

i am 32 yrs old and 26 weeks pregnant and now have my second fecal impaction. with my first i waited weeks before treating it with a mineral oil enema and then a saline enema. this also took several attemps. coincidentaly at my next cervical length ultra sound my cervix had thinned out from a 35 to a 26. not sure if that is centimeters or what the measurment is but my ob could not tell me conclusively that this was due to the impaction or the enema. This time (about a month later) I am anxious to treat it quickly so that it does not get worse and become a big issue like the last time. for a week now i have had no bowel movement but can feel a hardened mass and definately have the urge. I have been taking ducosate sodium twice a day and mirilax for quite a while now. i have also been comsuming a great deal more fiber but nothing is happening. i tried to increase my fluid intake but i have been diagnosed with hyper emisis and although i regularly take zofran i find it hard to consume much more water or fluid then i already am. i have again purchased a mineral oil enema to be followed by a saline one. i am only afraid that it may do harm or worse if i dont use it and the impaction becomes even more severe i will face certain complications with my pregnancy . at the same time if there is a better treatment or this is unsafe id also like to know my alternatives. i have spoken to my ob and aside from the measures i am already taking i was tol the enema is a \
Asked On : Sun, 26 Jun 2011