Severe constipation, has slow GUT syndrome, taken laxatives, on Lo Loestrin FE 3.5. Medicine side effect?

Hi. I started Lo Loestrin FE 3.5 weeks ago and have also been experiencing severe constipation . I can t have a movement without using laxatives or suppositories, which I know should not be routinely used. I have been told by a gastrointestinal physician that I have slow gut syndrome , but I ve not experienced this much difficulty or stomach pain. Can these new symptoms be the result of starting Lo Loestrin FE? Thank you,
Asked On : Fri, 25 May 2012