Severe constipation, feeling of bowel movement that ends with gas, had soft and sticky stools after many days. Can I avoid this with prunes or salt water flush?

I haven t pooped for 5 days. I feel the need to do it, but when I try it s like there is nothing there. I just let out gas. I had that problem last week too but then on Sunday I finally pooped. And it was soft and sticky (TMI sorry). Don t know why this happened again. What should I do? I m worried this won t stop soon and I ll have to take laxative. Do prunes or salt water flush really help?
Asked On : Tue, 26 Jun 2012