Severe constipation, chronic anal fissure, on duphalac solution, have hard stool, urge to pass motions throughout the day. Will cremaffin work?

Hi, My name is SS. I am suffering from severe constipation followed by chronic anal fissure from last 6 years. I consulted 1 surgeon regarding this and she advised to go for sitz bath and given cremaffin plus stool softner and asked me to take some veggies and fruits in diet . I have been taking duphalac solution (dosage varies between 60-120ml per day) from past 6years. It was all fine so far. From past 1month, every morning I get hard stool which has worsened the fissure and I have the urge to pass stool throughout the day. By having this, I am not able to give rest to the fissure and with every bowel movement the pain increases. The surgeon has now asked me to stop duphalac and take cremaffin (around 3spoons-45ml ) at night. But I am worried that will such a small amount of cremaffin work for me? I am in great pain, please help.
Asked On : Sat, 8 Sep 2012