1. There are on an average up to three hundred lymph
nodes in the head and neck region. They drain specific sites and regions.
2. Your symptoms indicate an infection, probably viral.
3. Since your nasal secretions are becoming thicker and changing color along with a improvement in your cold, there is a possibility of super-added bacterial infection and sinusitis
4. As our sinuses
have a large surface area, toxins generated by infection are readily absorbed and feverishness is common.
5. The burning pain and soreness in your neck signifies an active and spreading inflammatory process.
6. I suggest that you should take a full course of antibiotics and supportive medication
such as anti - inflammatory, anti -allergic and mucolytic
medications under the supervision of your local physician. Steam Inhalation and medicated gargles will also help.