Severe cold, sore throat, white bumps on frenulum. Causes and treatment?

My husband and I have had a bad cold for several weeks. We just recently had sore white bumps come up on the frenulum under the tongue . We have not shared anything that could infect us both, not even a kiss since we have been sick. What could these be and what do we do to get rid of them? Thanks, YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013
ENT Specialist 's  Response
HI I have gone through your mail and as you said that you and your husband have bad cold for last few days and later both of you have developed white bumps on floor of mouth,you wants how infection reached from one to other person when there is no physical contact ,even no kissing because of illness,and what should do for treatment. In this matter I would like to tell you that infections of nose, throat and mouth cavity spreads from one person to other by air also which we you and your husband is lying on same room and same bed so because of less distance between both of you infection of cold reaches from one to other. As for as bumps are concern you should go for culture and sensitivity of saliva to know the correct antibiotic which is helpful to you for treatment of infection along with antibiotic you should take inflammatory,antihistaminic, and antiseptic mouth wash.Thanks.