Severe cold, sore throat and cough, difficulty swallowing, metallic taste in mouth. How to relieve this ?

Days ago I had a severe cold , sore throat and cough . I lost all sense of taste also. So I heated up some food with cheese and got it too hot. As I swallowed it I felt it go down my esophagus as if it were a piece of hot charcoal and I almost had to bend over because it hurt and burned so bad. I was at work so I was too embarrassed to spit it out and the only thing at hand to wash it down was some very hot coffee. I went to the doctor for my cold and was given a shot and some antibiotics so I feel way better. However everytime I eat it hurts and it feels so tender in my esophagus. My throat doesn t hurt but I have a strange metallic taste in my mouth. The combination of a sore throat and a eating scalding food is making me miserable. What can I do to relieve this
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013