Severe chronic middle to upper back pain and chest pain. Suggest

I have had severe chronic middle to upper back pain and chest pain since having a bad fall a year ago that resulted in several fractured ribs. All my x-rays seem normal, but my muscle tension in and around my upper spine is abnormally tense. My doctor has put me on tramadol and robaxin for the last 7 months and I am still having chronic pain and back spasms. I have also been experiancing almost an electric shock wave followed with numbness that starts in my upper spine and radiates through my arms, hands and fingers. Please help, these symptoms are becoming more frequent and unbarable.
Asked On : Sun, 26 Aug 2012