Severe chest pain, nausea, increased burping. Gallstone scan done. Reason?

Am awaiting scan for gallstones having had horrendous chest pain incident and spent night in hospital with suspected possible heart attack 4 weeks ago (it wasn t heart attack, thankfully) I have been feeling nausea occasionally after food since then, but it is happening more frequently now, and a lot of burping. Is this indicative of gallstones, too? Two family members have had the problem, my sister 40 years ago and my brother s son last year, but my sister, understandably, has forgotten the details of everything except the pain involved.
Asked On : Mon, 20 Aug 2012
Jan 2013
Gall stones may be asymptomatic or symptomatic. Asymptomatic gall stones doesn't need any treatment except it has risk of causing gall bladder cancer in future.
Symptoms due to gall stones may be pain (in right upper abdomen), nausea and fever.
Burping with nausea indicates dyspepsia and it has no correlation with gall stones.
You should consult with physician and also go for endosocpy to rule out gastric problems.
Dr. Mayank Bhargava