Severe chest pain, loud, continuous belching. Tried different medicines, no relief. Advice?

My husband has had severe chest pains causing him to double over and very loud belching which continues for 1/2 hour at a time or longer. Gets it when lifting things, getting hungry, getting stressed. Doctors have done xrays, endoscopy , sonogram, heart is in good shape. Can t find answers Doctors put him on meds for possible gerd that caused shortness of breath so he stopped taking meds after 6 weeks. He uses over the counter Gas Relief and takes them many times a day. It s terrible to watch someone in such pain. Any new ideas?
Asked On : Mon, 5 Nov 2012