Severe calf pain, knee joint pains, on cholecalciferol, no relief. Any advise?

Hello Doctor, I am a 40yr old male. From 2 years, I have had severe calf pain - usually when I begin to rest/sleep and when I wake up from sleep. Associated with that I developed knee joint pains. About a year back, I was diagnosed with about 2 (units???) of vit. D3 - that was supplemented with Cholecalciferol . About 5 years back I was told I had early signs of Osteo Arthritis in my knees. My levels of vit.D3 are about 20 now. But calf muscle and knee joint pains are still persistent. Any advise?
Asked On : Tue, 23 Oct 2012