Severe butt injury due to excessive yoga. How can I cure this?

What are you supposed to do for a very bad yoga butt injury? My primary care doctor said it was a groin injury and had nothing to offer other than time for it to fix itself. Youtube is probably more accurate when it says it is a hamstring injury and it is at the back of the butt for me. I injured it about 8 months ago doing 2 hours of Yoga one day and it took months until it didn t bother me much. I started doing BeFit in 90 and on day 11 it had about 10 minutes of Yoga at the end. I went for two walks later in the day and on the second walk I felt tearing in the injured area. I ve been set back 6 months. I d like to run or do biking but haven t been able to do any of these.
Asked On : Sun, 30 Dec 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
The goal of treatment is to restore muscle function and prevent scar formation. Initially, treatment consists of rest, ice, compression, and elevation (RICE). Rest refers to avoidance of offending activities and oftentimes includes immobilization.
I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.