Severe burning in hip, feeling of origination from big toe at the site of rod post femur fracture. Any suggestions?

Hi my name is Joe. . I shattered my left femur (gunshot). I had a rod and screws surgically placed in my left leg The rod goes from my hip to my knee . It s been there since 2007. Recently, I have been getting a severe burning in my hip (where the rod is). It feels like it initiates in my Big toe on that side. and sort of travels to the lower hip. Any recomendations/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Asked On : Wed, 9 Jan 2013