Severe burning and pain in right outer thigh, small lump above knee, hurts a lot. Please advice?

I have had sever burning and pain in my right outer thigh. When it first strted I noticed a very small lump about 3 inches above my knee . Now ther is a large lump above my knee about 4 x4 and the pain and burning is getting worse and more often, first only at night and waking me up. It even hurts to wear clothes in that area. Any advice
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012
Dec 2013
After reading your history there can be mutiple of possibilities of the same which can be due to trauma to local area which is causing damage to the skin day by day. It would be better if you can give us a detailed history along with a good picture of the affected area or can consult a dermatologist for checking the aggravating factors. I advise you to not pinch or pop the area. You can apply a calamine lotion over the same. If itching is present then can take benadryl accordingly. For the pain part you can take paracetamol (Crocin) or diclofenac or Ibuprofen.