Severe breakout on arms and legs, intense pain in arms and shoulders causing vomiting. History of MRSA, acute nephritis. Suggestions?

My daughter 57 years old is having real health problems. She has had problems with acute nephritis as a child, gall bladder sludge and esophogatis. She had a bout with mersa and was in the hospital for awhile and on iv meds when she went home. She does not have much faith in doctors. To see her, you would think such a healthy person. Not so. Recently she has had severe breaking out on her arms & legs, treated with prednisone which helped but she did not want to continue taking because of the wait gain problem. She is suffering with severe pain in shoulders and arms to the point of causing her to throw up. The day before she was freezing all day. I think she looks pail and I say pinched which she does not understand what I mean. I had a bout of rheumatic polymyalegia which I thought she might have. She does not think so. Friends suggest shingles . I do not think so. I would like her to have blood work done, sedimention levels and anemia check. She is very hesitant to go to a doctor but I know, knowing her that something is not right. Do you have any suggestions?
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013