Severe bouts of hypochondria post remembering a tragic moment. How can I overcome this?

my father suffered from schitsophrenia and took his own life when i was six years old,from my teens until now i go through bouts of sever hypercondria about this , i desperately want to get on top of this and would like to know the best way to go thanxs .
Asked On : Mon, 19 Mar 2012
First you accept that such thing happened in your life, and you have no control over it. Undoubtedly such incidence in anybodies life is traumatic and may come into mind frequently. Best part is you survived of such adverse situation which already made you enough strong to fight even bigger problem in life.