Severe bouts of abdominal pain. Have bowel obstruction. Is it concerning possible neoplastic process?

i HAVE HAD SEVERAL BOUTS OF ABDOMINAL PAIN RECENTLY WAS HOSPITALIZED FOR LEFT ABDOMINAL PAIN THAT WAS SEVERE. THEY DID AN SONOGRAM THINKING IT WAS MY OVARIES, AND IT WAS NORMAL, RAN BLOOD WORK, CBC WAS ELEVATED IT WAS 11.8, RBC 4.35 HMG 11.8 HCT 35.7 NEUTROPHILS 7.0 LYMPHOCYTES 3.4 AND EOSINOPHIL 0.3. STARTED ME ON ANTIBIOTICS AND RAN A CT WITH CONTRAST AND SEEN DISTAL SMALL BOWEL IS DECOMPRESSED. THERE IS SMALL BOWEL WALL THICKENING INVOLVING A LOOP OF SMALL BOWEL WITHIN THE LEFT HEMIABDOMEN, LIKELY THE ETIOLOGY FOR THE LOW GRADE PARTIAL OBSTRUCTION. NO FREE INTRAPERTONEAL GAS OR FOCAL FLUID COLLECTION WITHIN THE ABDOMEN. NO RETOPERITONEAL LYMPHADENAPATHY, MINIMAL ABDOMINAL AORTIC ATHEROSCLEROSIS , WITH OUT EVIDENCE OF ANEURYSMAL DILATATION. FINDINGS: COMPATIBLE WITH A LOW GRADE PARTIAL SMALL BOWEL OBSTRUCTION SECONDARY TO SMALL BOWEL WALL THICKENING WITHIN THE LEFT HEMIABDOMEN. THE SMALL BOWEL WALL THICKENING MAY REPRESENT AN ENTERITIS. A NEOPLASTIC PROCESS CANNOT BE EXCLUDED, ALTHOUGH THOUGHT TO BE UNLIKELY GIVEN THE MODERATE LENGTH SEGMENT OF SMALL BOWEL WHICH IS THICKENED. PAIN WAS A LITTLE BETTER AFTER ANTIBIOTICS. NOT REAL SURE BUT WBC WENT DOWN TO 6.9, THE RBC 3.91 AND HMG 10.6 AND HCT 31.7, THE RED COUNT SEEMED TO GO DOWN MORE WHEN WHITE COUNT WENT DOWN. NOT SURE WHAT THIS MEANS, IS THIS TO BE CONCERNING WITH POSSIBLE A NEOPLASTIC PROCESS. I HAVE A GASTRO WHOM IS TRYING TO ORDER UP A PUSH ENTEROSCOPY AND SINCE IT IS NOT USUALLY DONE AT THE HOSPITALS HERE HAS TO GET THE HOSPITAL BOARD PERMISSION. NEVER HEARD OF SUCH A THING. IS THIS SOMETHING THAT I REALLY NEED. THANKS. I AM 41 YR OLD FEMALE, WITH DIABETES TYPE 2 AND GASTROPARESIS,
Asked On : Sun, 16 Sep 2012