Severe body ache, fever, chest congestion, swollen glands, nasal congestion, yellow sputum. Medication required?

Two days ago I went to the doctor because I had severe body aches, fever of 102.4, chest congestion, swollen glands in neck and top of chest, headache, chills, and malaise . He did a flu test and it came back negative. Prescribed Omnicef for the chest congestion, I have asthma, so this is his usual course of treatment for chest congestion with me. Now, my fever is around 99.5, very sore throat, hacking cough with production of thick yellow and sometimes chunky sputum , nasal congestion with thin yellow mucous, malaise, mild headache, mild body aches. Temp is improving but it seems like chest congestion is getting worse. Any suggestions?
Asked On : Sun, 6 Jan 2013