Severe bloating, sporadic pain in abdomen. Continuous bleeding. Indentation on left side stomach. What is it?

I am a 36 yr old, healthy female. I have been experiencing severe bloating , and excruciating pain in my lower abdomen which comes sporadically. I was at my gp last week who took blood tests and referred me to a gynaecologist . I presumed it was in relation to a coil I had fitted 2 years ago as I am now bleeding for 2-3 weeks per month. I have just noticed an indentation in the lower left hand side of my stomach , no pain. Can you give me any indication as to what this could be?
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013