Severe bloating around the belly button post bowel movement, have a healthy diet comprising fruits, salad. Cause?

Hi I m a 56 year old guy in good health. I tend to mainly be desk bound in my job and have noticed that after going to the toilet (No 2), I get the feeling of being very bloated about 30 minutes later and can last a few hours. This feeling is just below the belly button and there is no pain if I press around the area. I am a non meat eater but still eat fish. I eat little cake and biscuits and usually have a salad and fruit through the day. Any thoughts? Regards John
Asked On : Sat, 9 Jun 2012
Thank for asking to HCM
I really appreciate your concern looking to the history given here I could say that the chances of having intestinal infection is very likely and if I would be your doctor then I would treat you with the following medicines,
1) Tab Metronidazole 400 mg twice in day for 5 days
2) Tab Omeprazole 40 mg once in day for two weeks
hope this information helps you take care and have nice day.