Severe bleeding post intercourse, dark red blood, no pain. Normal menstrual cycle or cause of worry?

Hi there me and my my boyfriend had sexual intercourse last night during it I felt very wet down below and we stopped there was a lot of dark red blood all over me and my boyfriend I know I m meant to start my period so thought that was it no pains at all like I normally get with a period the bleeding lasted for 5 6 minutes but was worried as it was a lot of blood in one go since last night I haven t been bleeding and my periods last 5 days what can it be ?
Asked On : Thu, 6 Dec 2012
bleeding might be due to mens having dark red blood, don,t worry, . This cycle natural phenomena. no need treatment. thanks for your question.